Carey Training have recently delivered a contextualised training program for the Pacific Plumbing Group in the Northern Territory. With offices in offices located in NT and NSW, Pacific Plumbing Group is highly skilled in all facets of the plumbing industry, specialising in commercial, industrial and domestic installations. The training program was supported by Helping People Achieve who provided the location for the theoretical component of the training, as well as project management for the live works at the site. In addition, Karen Sheldon and Youth Worx supported the students and helped secure employment with the supporting partners and offered mentoring to students upon employment of the program.
The program was delivered at the Shoal Bay Waste Management facility, and incorporated training in the following nationally accredited units of competency:
- CPCCCM1012: Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1015: Carry out measurement and calculations
- CPCCCM2001: Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2002A: Carry out excavation
- CPCCCM2005B: Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCSF2004: Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCWHS2001: Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- RIIMPO301E: Conduct hydraulic excavator operations
- CPCCWHS1001: Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
The training was conducted in a live works environment and included the repositioning of existing stock from the area, installation of pedestrian barriers and signage, removal of an existing block wall, and excavation of future concrete and shade structure poles. The program also included the installation of various infrastructure including concrete to the BBQ area, and a large area of paving to the rear. This live works training delivery strategy provides the students with an opportunity to experience the real world of work, and they are able to undertake training in a practical, hands-on setting.
The program achieved various employment outcomes for participants including 3-Carpentry Apprenticeships, 3-Plumbing Apprenticeships and a labouring role with supporting employers including Pacific Plumbing, Jaytex, Akron group and Dixon Group.
For further information, contact Paul Brock, CEO Carey Training at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0409 225 394